- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra 1.1 Atha yoga anushasanam
“Now, the teachings of yoga”
Be in the NOW. Yoga begins the moment you wake up. All we have is NOW. The only real thing there is.
- Ujjayi Breathing – translated as the “victorious breath”, it is breathing by constricting the throat and making a sound like the ocean. Hence, also called “Ocean breath” It is a pranayama that is always used during asana practice. The key to the correct Ujjayi breath is to relax, keep the breath unhurried and unforced.
- Some of its benefits:
- Helps to maintain focus on breath & centres the practitioner, improves concentration
- Brings a meditative aspect to the practice
- Builds internal body heat
- Relieves pain from headaches, relief of sinus pressure, decrease in phlegm, Strengthens the nervous and digestive systems.
- Did you know? YOGA works on the parasympathetic nervous system – the REST & DIGEST mode
- Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
- Strengthens the legs, knees, ankles, arms, and chest
- Stretches and opens the hips, groins, hamstrings, and calves; shoulders, chest, and spine
- Increases mental and physical equilibrium
- Helps improve digestion
- Reduces anxiety, stress, back pain and sciatica.
- Hakini Mudra:
Whenever you feel nervous or need to focus quickly, try this Mudra. Join the tips of the fingers on your right hand with the ones on your left. It improves concentration and memory, promotes coordination of the left and right brains, makes you think clearly.
Yoga with Sabina
Sabina Agrawal has completed her 200 hour Ashtanga yoga teacher training (Krishnamacharya lineage)
Contact Details :97316060